0:01 – 07:00 Friday 6th September 2013
This notice is a repost of the original from 6th August to remind customers of this important maintenance work.
In preparation for insertion of new core routers in the near future, we will be setting the maximum supported MTU to 9000 bytes.
Does this affect me?
- This will only affect customer that currently have pseudo wires or wholesale handoff with the MTU set above 9000
What do I have to do?
- If your MTU is greater than 9000 then change the MTU on your equipment to 9000 or less.
When should I change my equipment?
- As soon as possible but before 06/09/2013
What happens if I do nothing?
- After our maintenance, packets greater than 9000 bytes will not be able to pass through our core network and will be dropped. This will lead to an outage of your service if you do not check and validate your configuration in advance.
I have EWCS broadband does this affect me?
- No, The MTU for EWCS is 1600 so nothing needs to be changed.
My MTU is less than 9000 can I turn it up?
- Please do NOT change your MTU upwards without first consulting with our support team, as there may be other restrictions on your service that will affect you.